Slightly chewy fudge
If you prefer yours more crumbly, cook the sugars, butter and condensed milk for slightly longer, but don’t burn it!
Click for the Recipe!
- Dissolve 250g light muscovado sugar and 250g granulated sugar in 150ml of water in a deep saucepan on a low heat (no need to stir).
- When the sugar mixture has fully dissolved, add 25g butter and 100ml condensed milk.
- Boil and stir until a small spoonful of the mixture can be dropped into a mug of cold water and form a small soft ball that is beginning to solidify.
- Remove from the heat and add a dessertspoon of vanilla extract or essence and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon.
- Beat this mixture for about 10 minutes until the fudge is cooled. This helps avoid it going lumpy.
- Pour the cooled fudge mixture into a lightly greased baking tin (about 10cm x 20cm and 4cm deep).
- Once the mixture has begun to harden gentle score the fudge with a sharp knife, marking out bite-sized pieces.
- Leave to cool completely, then break into pieces and store in an airtight container.